Every dark cloud has a silver lining.
Cowper’s lines talk about optimism. About patience. About hope. About perseverance. About courage. About living a good life.
What better to start your day than with these famous lines by the most powerful and successful people in the world, who started from bottom, to create history.
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
– Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States of America
A black American, who is probably one of the most powerful orators of all time, went on to become the most powerful man in the whole world. As America’s first black president, Obama’s presidential victory changed the world we live in — and marked a major day in history.
- “Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you in life into capital, so that you can do more of it and move forward with it.”
-Richard Branson, Founder- Virgin Group
One of the most successful and flamboyant entrepreneurs in the world, Richard Branson continues to push limits. From Virgin mobiles to Virgin Airways to Virgin Records, he just doesn’t seem to stop.
- “If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.”
-Larry Page, Founder- Google
This man created the most important thing in the millennial world. His fierce and relentless ambition not only helped the world, but pushed technology forward by 10x!
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.”
-Coco Chanel, French Fashion Designer, Founder of the brand Chanel
A woman who lived by her rules, Coco Chanel is as timeless as her classic Chanel designs.
- “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
Edison was America’s greatest inventor- electric bulb, phonograph, motion picture camera and the list goes. He embraced every failure with a spirit of perseverance.
- “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.”
-JK Rowling, Writer- Harry Potter Series
Our beloved fantasy fiction was first penned down on napkins, rejected by 12 publications, and a long hard battle, JK Rowling went on to become one of the bestselling authors of all time.
- “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
-Jeff Bezos, CEO, Amazon.com
The world’s third richest man continues to push boundaries in markets and explore new ways to innovate at his current companies.